RE-TOOLED AND RESTORED IN 2017 with a VINYL GRAPHICS SYSTEM!!!!
This helmet is one of my favourite all time helmets. I instantly attached to it the first time I saw it. The graphics are outrageous (what do they mean??!) and the racing stripes, strange logos, the weathering, add to its mystique. This reproduction started for me back in 1997 when I modified an original APH-6B naval helmet. I did an initial version of this helmet in 1998 and then in 2012, with newly released reference photos that were unavailable to me 14 years earlier, I re-designed the graphics, resculpted the blast shield and added some detail parts. Enjoy!!!
The training helmet kit consists of
- 2 thermal formed outer helmet shells
- thermal formed detail cap
- resin end-cap detail plate
- blast shield (thermal formed)
- styrene strip for capping the 'mohawk'
- 4 metal studs
- 4 resin knobs
- full set of LASER CUT VINYL DECALS
FREE VINYL GRAPHICS WITH EACH KIT